Followers

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Best Dad

Hello all,
I hope you are having a wonderful week so far.
I have been spending a little time lately at my craft table as I have four male cards to make which I must admit, aren't really a favourite of mine-they seem to take me lots  longer to put less on somehow!!
This one is for my Dad for Fathers Day. I got these fab clear Docrafts stamps on an issue of Creativity magazine just recently and put them safely away ready to use for Dads card.  I was originally going to make it in green as that's his favourite colour but the paper I chose just didn't seem to work right so it ended  up being brown, I'm sure he won't mind!!
I stamped the image onto Kraft card and again onto the patterned paper and paper pieced the image, then set it on a die cut oval. The paper is a pack from The Works (which sadly has burnt down this week in Maidstone, very sad as I love having a wander round there).
I separated the sentiment so that half went at the top of the card and half at the bottom and then I added a couple of stars to finish. I wanted to keep this one with a bit more white space, I wasn't too sure about it when it was made and had decided to make a different one but it's kind of grown on me so I think I will use it after all.


I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Scrapbook Stamp Society #68-anything goes (fathers day)
Crafty Boots -fathers day
Dream Valley #108 -fathers day
Digi Sketch -all about men
Come and get it -paper piecing
My Time to Craft#295 -male
Simply Create Too#87 -masculine
Creative Corner -just for dad
Crafty Sentiments -for a man

Thank you so much for stopping by today and for any comments you may wish to leave, I really appreciate every one of them.
Until next time.
Aloha
Andree x


18 comments:

  1. Great Fathers Day card, love the colour and the paper is fab. Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley and we hope you will come back again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Andree, I love the design.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Andree what a wonderful father's day card I love the design.
    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love the checkers background. Thank you very much for joining the Creative Corner Challenge.
    Greetings, Veerle DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Andrée. I love how you've used the stamps. The layout, paper and stars are brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fabulous - well done on putting the stamps safe too. Whenever I do that I can't find them again.
    Annie xxx
    MTTC Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andree fantastic card


    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Masculine card Andree. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet GDTx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous card. Thank you for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is a goodie!! I agree about the time it takes to make masculine cards. Why is that? Maybe it us it looks to plain but that seems to be how those guys like it. Thanks so much for joining us at My Time to Craft this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this,a fab Dads card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Welcome again and Good Luck! Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "paper piecing” challenge over at Come and Get it.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous card for any Dad. Love how you used the paper piecing. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure he'll love it. I do. Really like the country feeling thanks to the PP you chose. Thanks for joining the fun over at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card, love the coordinating medal. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, I love the prize ribbon design and the lovely earthy tones. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, it means such a lot and they are very much appreciated Andree x