Followers

Thursday 3 September 2015

Golden wedding

Hello friends and followers, hope you are all enjoying a lovely week.
This post was supposed to go on yesterday, but my daughter did an impromtu visit and her and her brother wanted to sit and watch old home videos-it was so lovely spending time with both of them I couldn't say no!!
Well I am back to work now after the holidays and I know I always say it but honestly, just where does the six weeks go to?? Back to counting down till the next half term!
My card today was requested by my sister for her in-laws for their Golden Wedding Anniversary. I was really honoured to be asked to make it but wow, it really put the pressure on as I didn't want to let her down. I struggled for a fair few days and it ended up several different ways before I finally settled on this design.
I started off with some Michele R papers layered with some card sponged with gold ink. I then die cut some hearts with a Tonic Studio die and embossed them with an Xcut folder. The two hearts in the middle are cut with a die I bought from ebay (but I'm not sure of the make), and I sponged that with ink too.  I added a panel of the same embossed card to the bottom of the card and added some gold ribbon from Hobbycraft. I die cut two ovals with a Nellie Snellen die and stuck it to the middle of the ribbon adding the number on it. All dies & embossinge were done with my trusty Cuttlebug.
Finally I added some die cut flourishes which were the off cuts from a die which came free with a Docrafts magazine. Some little gold coloured gems and a couple of paper flowers were added to finish it off:


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter #217 -embossing
ABC challenge -Q for queen of hearts
Crafty Gals corner #35 -embossing
Cuttlebug Mania -anything goes
Papertake Weekly -anything goes
A bit more time to Craft #3-anything goes
Naughty or Nice #19-ribbons/bows
Crafting with Friends #5 -anything goes
Simply Create Too #93-special occasion

Well thank you so much for stopping by today and also for any comments left here.
Take care, and until next time.
Aloha
Andree x



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, elegant card Andree such a wonderful design perfect for the occasion
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Andree, such a beautiful and elegant design. I love the colours and gorgeous detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegance and class, love it Andree.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design for an anniversary Andree
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty - so classy! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable what a gorgeous creation, thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter this time hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card. Love all of the embossing and touches of gold.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Embossing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty crd, just perfect for the occassion

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful anniversary card that is sure to bring a smile to the faces of your sister's in-laws. Thanks for sharing it with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges this month!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, it means such a lot and they are very much appreciated Andree x